What is mouth cancer? It is an abnormal group of cells which develops in the mouth, including the lips, the surface of the tongue, the roof and the floor of your mouth. It can also develop in the tonsils, salivary glands and the beginning of the throat.
Which are the symptoms?
- mouth ulcers that do not heal
- swelling in your mouth
- red or white (or both) patches
- unexplained pain
- pain while chewing or swallowing
- difficulty moving your jaw or tongue
- numbness of the tongue or other areas in the mouth
Which are the factors that increase the risk of mouth cancer? Tobacco use, including cigarettes, cigars, pipes and chewing tobacco Heavy alcohol use
If in doubt get checked out!