Are you anxious about dental treatment?
To some extent most people are anxious about having dental treatment and here at Lindley Dental we fully appreciate this. We also know that for some anxiety is a major obstacle to achieving good dental health.
Each patient is different, and we will tailor our approach to make things as easy for you as we can. For patients with severe anxiety problems or for those undergoing a lengthy or more difficult treatment we can arrange IV sedations. It can also help those with a strong gag reflex
A sedative drug Midazolam is used to give profound relaxation. The drug is given via a vein, the amount given is tailored to what you need. Local anaesthetic is still given. It is likely that you will remember little of your appointment, and you will not be aware of how long your appointment has been as you lose track of time.
The sedation is provided by dentist Sharon Jardine usually another dentist will carry out your dental treatment.
Who can have IV sedation at Lindley Dental?
- Adults only
- You need to be reasonably healthy; any health conditions need to be well controlled
- We need to be happy we can access a vein for you
- You BMI needs to be below 30
- You need to be able to provide an escort and to be able take the time needed out of work/childcare etc needed in recovery
Who cannot have IV sedation with us?
- Needle phobia may prevent it being suitable for you
- High BMI
- Complex medical history or unstable conditions
- Psychiatric illness
- If you use recreational drugs
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding